Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Saturday Pheasant Hunt

Over the weekend on Saturday we had the opportunity to go on a pheasant hunt with my in laws and Corey's best friend.  We had to get up bright and early at 5am for the morning hunt.  We woke up and I made us a quick breakfast sandwich and of course my coffee, then we loaded up the truck and headed to my parent's house to drop off our son since he is still a little young to go on the pheasant hunts just yet.  After we dropped him off we were on the road with a fairly long drive ahead of us.  During the drive we were able to watch the sunrise and it was beautiful. 
We finally arrived at the hunting preserve at 7:30am and after signing the usual release forms were ready to go.  My mother-in-law and I were armed with our trusty cameras to capture the day.  Here a few of the photos I was able to capture that day:

Left to right:  Corey, his dad and his friend Steve

Houston on point

Houston bringing the bird
For now I just take pictures of the guys on the bird hunts but one day I would like to hunt pheasant with my husband and some day down the road our son , but we have to find  a gun that works for me first. 
I would highly recommend everyone try pheasant.  It seriously tastes similar to chicken and is super easy to cook.  I will be sharing a few of our favorite recipes for pheasant and venison so be on the look out for those, and I hope you will be able to try them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment